AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD2013 Search locks the screen

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
349 Views, 2 Replies

ACAD2013 Search locks the screen

Hello everyone,

My apologies for newbie question but I have problem that drives me crazy anytime I want to use search function. Thats basically all the time as I'm using ACAD to inspect technical documentation.

When I search for item screen focuses on it zoomed all the way without option to zoom out or basically do anything. If I close search windows it zooms out back to previous position.

This way I know that searched item is somewhere but I have no idea where.

Any help sooooo appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This is knowing behavior (probably a bug) of FIND command in AutoCAD for Mac. You can try workaround that I use. It is a little bit complicated, but works for me.
Start FIND command, enter search string, click on Find. When AutoCAD zoom to the text, pick on Select objects button to the left of "Where to check" list. Select highlighted text, hit Return to return to Find dialog, close Find dialog. You now at place from you start your search 😞
But now - call SELECT command, enter P from keyboard (for previous), hit Return to select previous object (which in fact is the text you searching). Now the final step- call ZOOM command with O (Object) option- this will finally bring you to searched text. 🙂

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello Maxim,

I didn't know about that. even google remained silent on most obvious queries.

In any case thank you for suggestions, really appreciate that!

Kind regards

John P.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost