Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatches will not be separate

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
hwalker
2773 Views, 18 Replies

Hatches will not be separate

Using LT 2009

I'm trying to hatch the attached drawing (extracted from the actual drawing) with two separate hatches,

Now the quickest way is to hatch both areas with the same hatch and then use the properties painter, on each separate hatch, Unfortunately it's not hatching the areas separately.

HPSEPARATE is 1. Island detection is NORMAL.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

You mean inside the I-beam vs. outside of it? I opened your drawing and they are two separate hatches.

With HPSEPARATE set to 1, I can rehatch as two separate hatches too (select/click inside area method).

Message 3 of 19
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

Yeah inside the i-beam and outside. The outside is supposed to be a concrete hatch and the inside is supposed to be an ansi31 hatch, but every time I try to hatch them at the same time as separate entities it turns it into one hatch

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 19
pendean

Are you trying to hatch two areas with two separate hatch patterns in one HATCH command session? You can't.
Otherwise I don't really understand your second post.
Message 5 of 19
sthompson1021

Hi, I get the same results you do using 2014 full autocad. I tried in a new drawing just putting one rectangle inside another and doing the same thing and it will not seperate the hatches. Must be something with the island detection that it will ignore the the inner boundry when you pick the second time inside the outer boundry.

Message 6 of 19
Charles_Shade

Your file looks okay here applying hatches.

Message 7 of 19

Hi Charles, were you able to get 2 separate hatch's by only using the HATCH  command once? That's what the problem is. Autocad won't recognize two serparate area's using the pick internal point option. 

Message 8 of 19

No that would be impossible the trick is to realize there is no spoon...

Sorry tangented.

I just ran thru two quick Hatch Macros that I have that uses ANSI31 for one and Concrete for the other so two instances of the Command.

To do with one invoking of Hatch I would think that you would need to Macro that into the Command.

Message 9 of 19
hwalker

@pendean wrote:
Are you trying to hatch two areas with two separate hatch patterns in one HATCH command session? You can't.
Otherwise I don't really understand your second post.

No I'm just trying to create two separate hatches. One inside the beam and one outside the beam. AFTER I've done that I then use the match properties to turn one of the supposedly SEPARATE hatches into concrete and the other into ansi31

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 19
Charles_Shade

HPISLANDDETECTION = 1, Not Saved and 1 is default

HPISLANDDETECTIONMODE = 1, Not Saved and 1 is defualt

HPSEPARATE = 0, Saved and 0 is default

That is what I have set here and I can change either without issue.

You posted drawing also works without issue here to change one of the Hatches

Message 11 of 19
pendean

Time to write a macro (or two) with -HATCH command 🙂
Message 12 of 19
hwalker

Those variables aren't in LT2009 Charles.

Dean I couldn't write a macro to do that to save my life.

As to the drawing I posted. I put a line straight down the middle of the beam and extended it outside of the boundaries, and lo and behold when I hatched on one side of that line I got two separate hatches.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 13 of 19
Charles_Shade

Too much for the Computer to compute so to speak?

That Spline up top might be what is getting you.

Message 14 of 19
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Just tried with a simple three line polyine and still get the same problem

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 15 of 19
pendean

At the command lin do the following:
-hatch
Properties
AR-CONC
(enter desired scale)
(enter desired angle)
(select inside the area)
<enter>
-hatch
Properties
Ansi31
(enter desired scale)
(enter desired angle)
(select inside the area)
<enter>

Now fill in the blanks that you need and we can help you wirte a script file or menu macro to test.
Message 16 of 19
hwalker

It's all well and good doing a script (thank you for the effort Dean), but what if I have more than two separate areas I need to hatch.

I found out what the problem is but don't know how to fix it. It's totally ignoring the NORMAL Island selection mode, even though it's selected.

I tried to hatch the same drawing using the three modes and picking once inside the beam and once between the beam and the white line.

For NORMAL it ignored the beam.

For OUTER it just hatched between the beam and the white line (even though I'd picked inside the beam as well.

The scale will not always be the same and neither will the hatch, which is why I hatched with one pattern and then used MATCHPROP

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 17 of 19
sthompson1021

Not a fix but a possible workaround for you. Put a line thru the I-beam extending out past the outer boundry. You will end up with 3 hatchs rather then 2 but still quicker than using the HATCH command twice. 

Message 18 of 19
hwalker
in reply to: sthompson1021

Yeah I found that worked and also I found if I trimmed the drawing at that line I got two separate hatches as well

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 19 of 19
hwalker

Now to add to the saga,

The attached dwg has now got another beam in it which I have just drawn this morning.

Both were hatched with the same island detection on and separate hatches ticked.

As you can see the left hand beam is still one hatch, but the right hand beam is separate hatches.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators