Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008: copy .dwg files to new computer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jerald92262
352 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT 2008: copy .dwg files to new computer

How can I transfer .dwg files from my old computer (Vista OS) to a new computer (Windows 7) and not have them transfer as "read only"?  I have copied the existing files from the old computer to a flash drive and then transfered them using the flash drive to the new computer.  They open but as read only.  I have tried transfering each folder individually and the files still open as "read only".  I have checked the properties on the files and they are identical to those on the original computer and the flash drive.  Yet when they transfer to the new computer they come in as read only.  I have turned off the "read only" and asked it to override the read only file but as soon as I close and open the .dwg it is still read only.  Can anyone help me know how to make these files active on my new computer? 

Thank you,

Jerald

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Jerald92262

Sounds like Win7 is locking your files: what Win7 folder are you dropping these in? Also sounds like you are in a Win7 limited user account?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators