Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2012 "Unable to load profile file"

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
GilesPhillips
5297 Views, 12 Replies

LT2012 "Unable to load profile file"

I have one user who is having the following problem:

On starting autocad, before anything else appears an error box pops up saying "Unable to load Profile file, some profile information saved in the last session may not be restored". Click to accept the message and autocad starts normally with the exception that the ribbon doesn't show -at all.  The user then switches to the classic workspace and back again and the ribbon will appear as expected.

The user, I believe, has local admin rights. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. My next step, is a last resort, which will involve uninstalling, then using some kinda registry cleaner to erase any trace of autocad on the laptop, then reinstalling - this is a bit severe, and will require the co-operation of my own IT dept, which can be like pulling teeth.  I'm wondering if there's any other, less time consuming solution to this irritating problem?

cheers

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: GilesPhillips

The error message would indicate the user's Windows Registry is locked or corrupt: You might try just running a Registry Cleaner to see if that fixes it first before rmoving and reinstalling LT. Your IT will have to be involved if the problem is the Registry.

Message 3 of 13
GilesPhillips
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean, I think this is going to be painful..

G

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Try right clicking on the shortcut that the user uses and ensure that it is loading the correct profile upon startup.  This would be the /p switch.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 13
GilesPhillips
in reply to: Anonymous

the /p switch isn't there on the sortcut - as I'd expect because autocad LT doesn't 'officially' support profiles.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Sorry.  I forgot that it was only in Full.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 13
GilesPhillips

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry.  I forgot that it was only in Full. :

Believe me, I wish it was in LT sometimes..

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Is the user using any switches in startup?  Specifically the /w one?

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 13
GilesPhillips

Nope, no switches that I can see.

Message 10 of 13

Try to find file FixedProfile.aws which can be in directory "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 LT - English\R18.2\enu\Support\Profiles\"  and delete it. Look like this file is corrupted. If it's length is 0 than it corrupted exactly.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 11 of 13

That sounds promising - I'll try it tomorrow as the operator in question has taken his computer and gone home - pah!

thanks

G

Message 12 of 13

Error: Unable to load profile file

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 13 of 13

The xml parser trick didn't work, but deleting the fixedprofile.aws file did the trick.

thanks!

G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators