Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install AutoCAD 2015, Stuck on Setup Initialization

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
14453 Views, 5 Replies

Can't install AutoCAD 2015, Stuck on Setup Initialization

I can't seem to get past the Setup Initialization screen when trying to install AutoCAD 2015. After downloading the setup file and running it the installer gets stuck on "intializing". The first attempt I had left it overnight thinking it just takes a while. However, the next day it hadn't changed and the installer was still "initializing". After some research I found that the anti-virus could be the problem so I turned all of my anti-virus services off and tried multiple times over, but the same issue keeps occuring. I then updated Windows and tried that as well, but still no success. Currently it is in the "initialization" screen and it has a message above the initialization bar saying "downloading". This is different than all the previous attempts. The problem is that it has been "downloading" for the past 3 hours. Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions to this problem? Should I try an older version instead?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your product.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am having the same problem. I tried to do what you said, but it did not work. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Message 4 of 6
pendean

What didn't work exactly? My posted instructions are just for downloading the software, nothing else.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The same thing was happening to me - what I did was Instead of clicking the install now button - I clicked the button on the right and that brought up a drop down menu from which I pressed download and downloaded the installation package. I then installed it directly from my laptop. So far it's still downloading but it's way more steps forward than that initial screen. Good luck.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

sir my installation stucks at initialization setup page. need some help.autocad error.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators