AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall disappearing after orbit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
566 Views, 4 Replies

Wall disappearing after orbit

Not only is the wall disappearing but when the wall does show; the door(s) are not cleaning up, another words I can see the material.  The only way to get the walls to show, is to close the file and reopen.  A orbit, or pan or view change will cause the wall to disappear.  It won't even show when plotted.  Unfortunately I can not post the file due to sensitivity of the project.  Even though I am the cad manager I am complete novice to ACA (we are mostly a 2d shop).   The user thinks it a a clean up issue but due to time constraints has asked me to help investigate the issue.  He has exhausted some checks but we are looking for any that we might have missed.

Thanks; Ted

ACA 2010 with SP patch on month old boxes (Win 7 Pro on Dell Precision T1500)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you erase the wall completely and add another of the right type in its place does it repeat the problem?  If not, does drawing a small wall off to the side of the appropriate type and matching properties fix the problem wall?   Those are the first things I check for when having display errors.

The only times I've encountered something similar were when multiple walls were drawn over top of each other, or when body modifiers/ boolean objects were floating in the drawing, invisible to the current display mode.

Instead of posting the whole file, what about w-blocking out the problem area to a separate file so others can view/ manipulate to see if they can offer suggestions. (If you do this, check the w-block file to be sure the problem happens within it as well.)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I've been having this same proplem today.  I have erased the wall and redrawn it, wblocked it and even tried creating a new wall style.  None of these have worked.  The wall also won't show up when rendered either.

The wall in question is on the red Problem-Wall layer.  Take a look and tell me what you think.  I appreciate all comments and would love to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I think this is the Problem-Wal

See Attachment

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you so much.  That fixed the problem for me.  I didn't think about any of the intersecting walls.  Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report