Did you mean: 

zoom

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
757 Views, 9 Replies

zoom

Using 2014AutoCAD. Sometimes when zooming in using the mouse wheel by 1 click it the view will go from being zoomed out to zooming past the object in my drawing. this is happening in different drawings. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

What is your ZOOMFACTOR?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

I believe it is set on 60. It only does this some times. I can use a zoom window a few times and change the views back and fourth, and it will go back to normal. I even went and purchased a new mouse thinking that was the problem but it was not. 

Message 4 of 10
pendean

I believe the question was also the answer: 60 is too high based solely on your posts to date, I have mine set to 10 for example.
Change the setting, find the one that works for you ALL the time. Look up the variable in help to understand it's use more if needed.
Message 5 of 10
nestly2

60 is the AutoCAD default, but I prefer a little less (40).

When it happens, use the View Manager (VIEW command) to see if the Target Z is very far from zero, also whether you are in Parallel or Perspective view.

Message 6 of 10
dbroad

As the others have already said, ZOOMFACTOR is likely the problem.  You might also have some hardware control over this on your mouse and in the windows mouse driver.  One of my mice has a switch that changes from an incremental wheel to a smooth turning wheel.  This makes a difference for me.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Update: after exploring everything that has been posted to this topic, I have fixed the problem. I installed the Logitech smooth scrolling onto my computer. Uninstalled that and i have not had any more issues. Thank you for your feed back

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi all.
I have an issue about zomming in and out with the ruler on the mouse. How can I make it smoother?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

@Anonymous.aa wrote:
Hi all.
I have an issue about zomming in and out with the ruler on the mouse. How can I make it smoother?

Not sure what you mean here.  What's the ruler that you're referring to?

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

The mouse roller.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report