Did you mean: 

Still Looking For Any Way To Set UNSTACKING (Fraction) As Default

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
omorah
4126 Views, 9 Replies

Still Looking For Any Way To Set UNSTACKING (Fraction) As Default

In the office, 99.9% of our fractions are unstacked.  It is really very frustrating to be setting to UNSTACKING each time I bring in a table,

or add a new row even after setting unstacking as default in the previous rows.

I found the StripMtext.lsp which is really great.  However, with it, I would have to use it all the time on the tables.  Also, when I used it,
in the row, it shrunk the fraction from 0.125" to 0.0875 left the following notes (texts) as default 0.0125"?

I have been searching on line but could not find a way to default any row in any drawing to UNSTACK. I would think there should be a variable to set this.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: omorah

Start MYEXT and type a fraction to create a stack. Highlight the stacked fraction, right-click, go into stack properties and turn off the feature permanently.
Test in MTEXT again: it the fraction remains un stacked the test it in new TABLE objects.
Message 3 of 10
omorah
in reply to: pendean

pendean, that for the tip.  I did some tests and realized it will turn off the stacking permanently in consecutive opened files, even after AutoCAD is closed and re-opened - that is just what I needed.

I went to the Stack Properties, Auto Stack, and unchecked Enable Auto Stacking.  That did it!  Guess that is 'system variable' in a box.

Thanks again for the info.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Please help me, I have follow these directions and I am in the "Stack Properties" Dialog box and i'm unable to find where to turn stacking off.

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I knew it. I'm dumb and didnt realize you have to click autostack...

Please excuse me from this thread.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Is there a solution to permanently unstacking a fraction in a multileader text?  It seems to not work for me in my Autocad 2016 as it did in my 2013 release.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

This should work, let me know if it doesn't:autostack.JPG

1. In multiline text, type a fraction 1/2 or whatever
  2. highlight the stacked fraction and click on the little lightning bolt
  3. Click 'Autostack' button in the dialog box
  4. Untick "Enable Auto stacking" in the next dialog
  5. OK, OK in the dialog boxes

That should then stay in your settings for the future.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

That's exactly what I expected to fix this issue I'm having but it hasn't changed the text to the same effect as it has with the MTEXT function.  I've done numerous combinations in the Stack Properties dialogue box, but without success.

It continues to stack, either horizontally or diagonally, but not side-by-side as I hoped.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

That's odd - for me it works the same whether mtext or multileader text. I can't see anything in the multileader style that would change the auto stack from off to on.

The system variable for it is called MTEXTAUTOSTACK  so you could add that to your system variable monitor to see if something is changing it from 0 to 1 (maybe a script that runs when you open a file is resetting it to 1?)

Does autocad keep the mtext fractions not stacked while stacking the ones in the multileaders? or is it stacking both?

What about dim text, does it stack fractions in that too?

Perhaps you could share a file that this happens in (just a file with fractions in mtext and multileader fraction using your text/leader styles)

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

There we go!

The MTEXTAUTOSTACK variable did the trick for me.  The variable was automatically set to "ON" and so simply typing "OFF" corrected the issue I was having with my multileader as well.  Thank you so much, Marianne!

@Anonymous wrote:

That's odd - for me it works the same whether mtext or multileader text. I can't see anything in the multileader style that would change the auto stack from off to on.

The system variable for it is called MTEXTAUTOSTACK  so you could add that to your system variable monitor to see if something is changing it from 0 to 1 (maybe a script that runs when you open a file is resetting it to 1?)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report