Special "Column Break" Character

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sbrusco
652 Views, 5 Replies

Special "Column Break" Character

Hi All,

When using MText with Dynamic columns, i know that hitting the Alt+Enter combo inserts a column break and this is good. But one user here automatically inserts a column break by entering a forward slash, you know, the same character we use for putting fractions into a text string. So obviously this is a problem because we often write about dimensions with fractions.

What setting is causing the forward slash to enter a column break?

TIA,

Sal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: sbrusco

Can anyone else replicate the problem in the same file as this user? I can't do that here.

Does the user have autostacking on?
Message 3 of 6
sbrusco
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Unfortunately, this is a friend from another company whose drawings i do not have access to. But he tells me that it does NOT happen in all his drawings.

Sal

Message 4 of 6
dmfrazier

Is it related to the text style (or font) in use?

Message 5 of 6
bryce.thelin

Hi Sal,

Did your friend sort out what the problem was? If not, can you get him to log in here and attach a sample drawing for us to look at?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 6
sbrusco
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Hi Bryce,

I told him how to set columns to "1" and he said the problem went away. We've looked at a couple drawings in his set but have not found one where the problem can be reproduced. It is a big set of drawings and he said he will keep looking but i suspect that since it is no longer a problem, his priority on this has dropped off the chart.

If he needs more help later, and i suspect he will, i'll remind him about this and perhaps he can provide a drawing.

Thanks for your interest.

Sal

P.S. I will mark this as the "solution" for the sake of the NG but if anything comes up, please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report