Did you mean: 

Solid hatch prints as transparent over image

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1989 Views, 5 Replies

Solid hatch prints as transparent over image

I seem to have the reverse problem everyone else does. Did a google search and found lots of results for making a hatch transparent, but not the other way around.

Here's the deal- I have a set of scanned drawings that they wanted marked up via AutoCAD to use for submittals. I made a nice check mark for all the "good" dimensions using a solid green hatch (which plots as green).

I brought the scanned drawings in as xref TIFFs and put my autocad objects over them. Problem is that when I go to PDF them, the check marks are transparent and I really don't want them to be. I've never messed with any transparency settings in our CAD and I've only noticed this issue when printing over top of images.

This is in Carlson 2014 BTW.

Any idea how to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

are your plot settings set to use LinesMerge, or LinesOverwrite?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

I'm not even sure how to check for that?

I've only noticed this issue over images...over other autocad objects it's fine.

Message 4 of 6
jggerth

Edit the properties of the PC3 file, and expand the Graphics section on the 'Device and Document Settings' tab.  

My universal prefernece is Lines Overwrite - since that (along with Draworder) give me the most control over what comes out on paper.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Aha...that's it. Is that something new? I swear I never noticed that as an issue until somewhat recently....2013/2014-ish.

Message 6 of 6
jggerth

R14 maybe?  or whenever they revamped the plotting to support something other than just pen plotters.  Its' been around a long time at any rate.  A lot of the time, it won't matter - especially if you are doing black lines  - after all, black + black equals black, so whether you merge or overwrite is not material.!

Green + black on the other hand.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report