Did you mean: 

Sending multiple pages to a plotter as one job

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
749 Views, 8 Replies

Sending multiple pages to a plotter as one job

We received a new printer and it prints drawings facing up so when we print from sheet set it will print the drawing backwards. The only way I have seen how to change the direction is right click on the tabs and hit publish. And if we are printing our prints out with a different way would be nice to stay with the sheet set. Instead of the default page layout of the drawing. Hopefully someone has a solution to force autocad to send one large file to the printer instead of sheet by sheet.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using the Publish In Reverse Order option?  It can be found on the right click menu in the sheet set manager.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Yes but if I need to do an override that option is not available.

Message 4 of 9
Jason.Piercey

Set the option to be in reverse order.  Publish with an override and look at the results.  I just created a test PDF, using an override, and my sheets were in reverse order.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks! I missed that button to click I was trying to find it inside the plotter override set up menu. 

Message 6 of 9
Jason.Piercey

You're welcome.  My PDF software has a print in reverse order option, so printing to a PDF then sending the PDF to the plotter may also be another solution or come in handy when printing existing PDFs.

Message 7 of 9
dbroad

In addition to what Jason said, I have transitioned away from printing directly to a physical printer.  All plotting/publishing is now to a PDF file that I can check closely.  Once that is done, I print the PDF to the physical printer.  Only 1% of my printing is direct and then usually only a single sheet or part of a sheet.

Electronic publishing can have significant advantages anyway if TTF fonts are used and if the sheet set manager is used because hyperlinks and textual search are built into the deliverable.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 8 of 9
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: dbroad

There are jurisdictions that will accept signed/sealed PDFs but there are many that still want paper copies.  I have a hard time catching errors when reviewing things on-screen.  I'll pass over a mistake many times when on-screen but as soon as I print, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Message 9 of 9
dbroad

That is certainly true (about finding mistakes).  However, I find many mistakes before plotting to paper.  Plotting at least initially to PDF saves lots of paper for me.  After the initial check, plotting from PDF to paper is easier that from AutoCAD to paper.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report