Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Linetype to ASCII file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BWYarger
2494 Views, 4 Replies

Export Linetype to ASCII file.

I recieved a drawing file that was converted from Microstation with examples of linetypes that we are to use.  I would like to export these linetype definitions to an ASCII files (*.lin) so I can review them and then add them to our standard linetype file.  I don't want to blindly insert them in to one of our drawings because some of them use the same names we have now, and I want to compare their definition our.

Brad

LT, IDSP (C3D) 2014

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: BWYarger

Try this one:

http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/to-lin.lsp

There are many out there, but you have to register your email.....

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: BWYarger

Are they actual AutoCAD linetypes?

Because some Microstation linetypes cannot be represented with the structure used to define AutoCAD linetypes and so Autodesk came up with a different way of storing the data necessary to render the linetype. In this case a .LIN representation would not be possible.

This different linetype structure led to the infamous DGN Linetype Bloat problem, for which a fix has been created.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
BWYarger
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you.  I will give this a try.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 5 of 5
BWYarger
in reply to: rkmcswain

The linetypes in the drawing are what happens when Microstation writes a .dwg file.  Some came through, some did not.  For those that did not, I am stuck trying to develop linetypes from a PDF sample and hoping I can interpret it correctly.  I think I can get close enough for the more basic linetypes, but I will have to brush up on using shape files in linetypes for the complex ones.  There are some we may just have to fake with contineous lines on non-plot layers and hatches.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report