Did you mean: 

3D Turnbuckle error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vex
Collaborator
1175 Views, 7 Replies

3D Turnbuckle error

While working on this project a 2D circle appears on a turnbuckle when viewing it left-right but any other view it doesn't show up (as it should be).  How can I fix this error?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: vex

Hi,

within the JPG's we can't select the circle and see it's properties, uploading the drawing might give us the option(s) for suggestions.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Attached a simplified model of the turn buckle.  It looks to me as a surface starts to misbehave and results in a 2D circle popping out... but I'm not quite sure how to even approach a fix.

Message 4 of 8
R.Gerritsen4967

I get the same problem when I open the drawing in AutoCAD 2015. If I open the drawing in AutoCAD 2014 ther seems o be nog problem. Which AutoCAD version are you using? Looks like a(nother) glitch in AutoCAD 2015 to me... 🙂

Message 5 of 8
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: R.Gerritsen4967

2015 actually...

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

The 3D-model represents itself wrong, when using the "left"- or "right" view, you can see that at the moment the circular object appears an edge of the 3D-model disappears (in wireframe visual style). It seems to be the red subobject havong issues within the following screenshot.

However, copying your object to another drawing (using _COPYCLIP and _PASTECLIP) changed something ... does that help you?

2014-08-01 18-35-01.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Unfortunately it doesn't help as much as I would hope; this turnbuckle is a component of a much larger drawing which makes copying and pasting rather obtrusive (not impossible).  This however isn't the only issue I've noticed with this particular error.  In another instance a 3D nut displays correctly in 3D, however as soon as I do a SOLPROF a 2D line appears tangent to the nut.  So it's pervasive in this particular project and being able to resolve them in place would be a bit more practicle... if that makes sense?

Message 8 of 8
doben

I see the same thing: 2014-no circle, 2015-circle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report