Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plane not rendering as visible/not rendering properly HELP Please

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
erdem1112
4184 Views, 2 Replies

Plane not rendering as visible/not rendering properly HELP Please

Hello 3DS MAX Community 

I've been working on a little project for learning purposes however i ran into a problem while rendering 😞

for some unknown reason the plane (For lighting purposes) i put into my scene isn't reflecting any light and its coming out black when rendered (Ref:screenshots)dose anyone know what i maybe missing I've checked and clicked as many buttons to do with lighting, reflecting and refracting and still can't figure out were i'm going wrong 😞

Thanks for your time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: erdem1112

Hello erdem,

First off, I noticed you are rendering from an Orthographic viewport.  I highly recommend rendering from either a Perspective view, or preferably a Camera view.  Lighting solutions do not calculate well from an Orthographic view, and your results will not look correct.

So your problem is that the plane object in the background is not appearing in your rendering.  This could be caused by a number of things.  First, check to make sure it is set to be Renderable.  Select it, Right Click and choose Object Properties in the lower right Quad Menu.  This opens a dialog box where you can ensure the object is Renderable and Visible to Camera.

Next, it may be that the faces of the plane object you're using are facing away from the camera (and therefore 'invisible').  Try adding a Normal modifier and make sure that Flip Normals is enabled. 

If neither of these fixes your issue, then post the .Max file here so someone can open it up and check other settings for you.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
erdem1112
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thanks for the advice my friend, weirdly enough once i added the normal modifier automatically it had the Flit normals enabled and surely enough it rendered out just fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report