Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max resolution problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3466 Views, 6 Replies

3DS Max resolution problem

Greetings, I have a resolution problem with my 3ds Max 2016 application. 

Every time I open any of the windows (material editor, render setup, options), things seem to be all scaled-up except for the text, and I can't reach any of the options because they are off-screen.

The strange thing is that something is scaled while something else is not and I can't really tell why. My screen resolution is already 1920x1080 and it can't go any further.

There are some screenshots, please somebody help me: 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

First, I'd like to apologize that you experienced such a long delay before you got a reply here. I realize this thread is old, but I'd like to help find an answer for you. Are you still having this issue?

Can you please list your current display device make and model #?  (Monitor, TV, brand, etc.)   

Let's try a few things.  First, this article can help with display issues in 2016 on monitors that are high dpi which you may have here.  Otherwise, I suggest trying to disable DPI scaling on the 3ds Max app itself.  You can do this by right clicking on the Max shortcut->Properties->Compatibility-> Toward the bottom.  Image below.  Please try that and answer the previous questions if that fails and thank you for doing so.

scaling.png

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 7

Hello. I am having the same issue and i dont know how to fix it. Please help. All the options are scaled up but the texts are small and they are going off screen and i cant reach any of them 😕 and even the compound objects tab is taking up too much extra space. I had 3ds max before but i never came across such issues. Few weeks back i factory reset my pc and reinstalled the application and since then I am facing this issue. 
My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I have a lenovo legion 5i , 10th gen , nvidia gtx geforce 1650 Ti if that helps.

I also checked out few forums saying that i should change few settings in the compatiblility section and i tried but it scaled up even more 💀💀 like i dont know what exact settings i am suppose to alter so maybe i did something wrong i guess but please help asap. 
Here are few screenshots-

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 7
cooper9527c
in reply to: mariyamavli5

Hello there,

my pc win11, gtx 1650

max 2021 and the latest one having same problem. I tried the method above but it Dosent work. Anyone can help? Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 7
Diffus3d

It's probably best to start a new thread but maybe this link can help you.  Otherwise, perhaps the 1650 isn't fully supported.  In that case maybe a different display driver in 3dsmax can help.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread
Message 7 of 7
cooper9527c
in reply to: Diffus3d

Thanks but it still dosent work. Do u think there’s sth about win11? It works before when I was in win10 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report