Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing nodal spring values (API)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ziegler123
1880 Views, 8 Replies

Editing nodal spring values (API)

Hello. 

I'm trying to model a footing in a volumetric model, and the soil stiffness is modeled trough springs in the bottom face of the footing via planar supports, so that the area of influence of each node is considered, but, I would like to run some experiments by editing the nodal spring stiffness according to their distance from the center of the footing. I wanted to work with the corresponding tables, but in the node tables, i'm not finding the calculated spring stiffness from Robot! Is there any way that i can see and edit these values via table? I could do it one by one, but I would rather not do that..

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ziegler123

You can see values in Nodes or Reactions table

uzk.jpg

These values are not editable but you can create (convert these values) as   \to nodal supports and then play with the values in Supports table.

Example Macro converting planar supports (considering only kx ky kz) attached.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 9
ziegler123
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Works like a charm! Thank you 🙂
Message 4 of 9

How do we get the column for "Uz" in the reactions table? My table only has the first 6 columns as per attached pic

Message 5 of 9

RT.AddColumn (141)

Add such column to table

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 9

How? I cannot see the option in the attached..

Message 7 of 9

uzreact.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 9

This does not represent the stiffness of the springs (kN/m) but instead shows displacement (mm)?

Message 9 of 9

uzreact1.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report