Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) RESULTS EXPORT VBA / API

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
ve_75
3036 Views, 21 Replies

(API) RESULTS EXPORT VBA / API

Hello,

I saw in this topic that results extraction is possible.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Export-results-ARSA-via-API/td-p/3294083/pag...

Now, I wonder if there's any way to get x,y,z coordinates in other columns.

If it's possible, in there any way to get the file updated?

Best regards

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ve_75

Here you are

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 22
GGrayAtkins
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

Is it possible to edit this VBA script to extract results at element centres rather than at nodes?

Thanks for any help in advance,

G. Gray

Message 4 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: GGrayAtkins

Here you are

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 22
GGrayAtkins

That's great, thanks. I've edited the script to export the results I require but I've noticed that x and y orientation appears to be opposite to the results produced by accessing the table manually in Robot. This is the case for axial membrane force (NXX and NYY) and W&A moments. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

I think you need to adjust results direction:

FEparams.SetDirX I_OLXDDT_CARTESIAN, 1, 0, 0

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 22
GGrayAtkins

I have changed to 0, 0, 0 and it looks like it worked! Thanks.

One other thing... I am interested in automating the process of importing results data from Excel back into Robot. I have carried out slab design checks in Excel for element centre data. To view the results in Robot I am re-generating panels based on element number and grouping the new panels based on the required bar designation. I have attached a sample of my results table. Is it possible to automate the process of re-generating panels to view results? If not, is there a better way to view this data in Robot?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

I have changed to 0, 0, 0 and it looks like it worked! Thanks.

(0,0,0) vector - interesting 🙂

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

re-generating panels based on element number and grouping the new panels based on the required bar designation. I have attached a sample of my results table. Is it possible to automate the process of re-generating panels to view results? 

If I undestood you correctly, the only way is to create new panels based on FEs using method     CreateOnFiniteElems

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/createonfiniteelems-crashes-every-time-api/m...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 22
GGrayAtkins

Thanks, will take a look at that.

I have another question on the robot results. Is it possible to output the element corner node numbers (either four or three node numbers) at the same time that results are extracted?

Thanks.

Message 11 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

I am afraid I do not understand your need.
Please explain what nodal numbers you are talking about?
Macro in post 2 retrieves nodal results.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 22
GGrayAtkins

Hi Rafal,

I would like to extract results for element centres in the way that your second macro does. However, I would also like to simultaneously extract the numbers of the nodes at the corners of each element. Each element has either four or three corner nodes. The numbers of these nodes can be viewed in the Robot tables by selecting Data-->Nodes in the "Table Columns" options. It is these numbers that I am interested in extracting. For example, element 1 might have nodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 at its four corners. Hope that is more clear?

Thanks.

Message 13 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

Sure.

RobotFiniteElement.Nodes...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 22
GGrayAtkins

I'm not having much luck using this... Any chance you can edit the macro? For each finite element I would like to output the numbers of the 3 or 4 corner nodes.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

Here you are

Rafal Gaweda
Message 16 of 22
harish03cv

Hi,

I notice that, we have "N_Mises" for axial force extraction. I was looking to extract Nxx & Nyy at FE centre (Wood & Armer). Do we have option for the same?

Thanks in advance.

Hari.

Message 17 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: harish03cv

FEresults.NXX
FEresults.NYY

Rafal Gaweda
Message 18 of 22
harish03cv

Thanks for your kind replay.

FEresults.NXX
FEresults.NYY

I feel these results give me membrane forces (in detailed tab), I was looking for the forces with respect the Wood & Armer in complex tab. Do we have any syntex for the same?

Thanks,

Hari. 

Message 19 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: harish03cv

I was looking for the forces with respect the Wood & Armer in complex tab. 

Unfortunately it is not implamented in API.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 20 of 22
harish03cv

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report