Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stop rendering (after the last update)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1726 Views, 7 Replies

Can't stop rendering (after the last update)

Hello, after the last update I can't stop an ongoing rendering. If I click on the "stop rendering" button it changes to blue and says "click again to confirm", if I click again after, it switches back to the first "stop rendering" button and leaves me in a loop, unable to stop the rendering. (It's a Mac OS) Because I had to make a little change in the modell, I had to wait for the rendering to finish so that I could start a new local rendering. This is tragic. How do I fix this?! This was not an issue 2-3 weeks ago...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
colin.smith
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is this happening for you on a local render or a cloud render?

I'm seeing a delay in stopping the render after the "click to confirm" button is selected. 

Are you not able to stop the render at all?

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: colin.smith

Hi Colin,

yes, on local renderer. In my case it doesn't stop at all, because when I click stop it says to click again to confirm, and when I do that it goes back to the stop rendering button where I started, so I end up in an endless loop where it switches between the two on each click, but the rendering just keeps going in the background.

How I understand it, after I click stop, he should write click again to confirm, and after it is clicked again he should stop it and not got back to the first button. I'm sure this was not an issue before, because I've stopped quite a few of my renderings in the process before.

Message 4 of 8
colin.smith

Hi @Anonymous,

After some investigating it seems to be an issue on the Mac. I will let you know when I have more information.

Thanks

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Message 5 of 8
colin.smith

Hi @Anonymous, 

The Dev team has determined that there is an issue on the Mac. There is a fix in the works. 

There is a workaround to cancel the rendering: before you click confirm cancel rendering button, if you move the mouse away then click it, it will be succeed.

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: colin.smith

Thanks Collin, I'll feel free to report more issues in different topics then.

Message 7 of 8
rossrohrer

Im having this same issue on the latest version, it says click to confirm and then goes back to showing "stop rendering", and just flips back and forth no matter how many times it clicked

Message 8 of 8
lucasproko
in reply to: rossrohrer

Hey @rossrohrer,

Apologies you're still experiencing this issue. Our teams have it in their backlog and should be releasing a fix in the one of the next couple updates. In the meantime, I found a sweet spot on my computer that seemed to work for others in this thread. If you click in the spot my mouse is on in this image, it should hopefully stop. If it doesn't let me know and I'll continue to look for workarounds until the fix is fully implemented.

2017-05-18_14-16-08.png

Thanks!

Lucas Prokopiak
Fusion 360 Product Manager (Sketch/Model)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report