Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help using Radial Stock to Leave and Rest Machine

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
juliarburlingham
360 Views, 3 Replies

Please help using Radial Stock to Leave and Rest Machine

Hi,  I'm creating a sign and I want the letters to stick up. I'm using the engrave tool path to engrave inbetween the letters and the other elements in the sign with a 90 degree bit. After that I want to pocket out the middle part that is left with a .25 flat end mill. Next I want to get the rest with a tiny 0.0568706 pointed bit. The problem is when I set the radial stock to leave = .25 that works great for the first pocket so it doesn't remove the slanted edges from my engrave. But when I use radial stock to leave .25 and rest machine = .25 with the tiny bit it won't make any tool paths. However it leaves material that the tiny bit could get out. Mostly you can see this on the edges. Please check out my file. Thank you so much! Julia

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think you need to add the stock left in the 2nd op to the rest tool diameter in the 3d op. In effect the second tool 0.25 diameter + 0.25 stock was like using a 0.75 tool when it comes to stock left. Seems to work if I set the rest tool diameter to 0.75"

HughesTooling_0-1684759106555.png

@seth.madore Seems like you should be able to set Stock left by previous op within the rest settings. In the past I've worked around this by setting the corner radius to the stock left in the previous op but that didn't work on this example.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Here' what he sim looks like. Don't know why there's still a warning. PS. Please don't attach pictures, just paste them into the message. Makes it a lot easier to read and help.

HughesTooling_0-1684758528132.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thanks! You're my hero! I really appreciate it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums