Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Educator Account, but Fusion 360 says Subscription Expired (Admin IT vs Educator role)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
hutchinsone45MA3
258 Views, 6 Replies

Verified Educator Account, but Fusion 360 says Subscription Expired (Admin IT vs Educator role)

I have verified my educator account and downloaded the software again, but according to the help desk I am getting the Subscription Expired -- Read Only option in Fusion 360, because my role type is incorrect.  The agent said that rule changes were made in July that made it so that IT Admins are no longer able to get an individual license to Fusion. The only way to get Fusion 360 as anything other than a subscription can be done only be Educator accounts with multi-seat access. Admins do not have this capability.  She then said it is not possible to change my role type. 

The agent told me to create a new account with a new email address.  This will result in losing hundreds of hours of work.  

Is there anyone who can help me change my role type so that I can get access to my old account as an educator.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @hutchinsone45MA3 

Thanks for posting your question. I'm not aware of this change but I'm querying the team to verify what you were told. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 7

Hi @hutchinsone45MA3 

I connected with our Support Manager and he'll be reaching out to you to get this issue figured out.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 4 of 7

Having the same issue. Support is not helping. There is got to be a better way than "please create new account" solution.  Please help in this matter.

CaseNo:19504468

Message 5 of 7

I did get help from Autodesk through this forum. They did not create a new
account for me, but they had to change my account from IT Admin role to
Educator role. It is not something you can do on your own. If yo are a
PLTW instructor, the best way to correct this is to email their support.
They will take care of communication with Autodesk.
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for a word of advise. Hopefully this is the issue that I'm facing and support will be able to resolve it (when they actually respond back to me). 

Message 7 of 7

It was Matt Brady at customer support who solved the issue for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report