Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing groups and users for education

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rstehlik_12
202 Views, 3 Replies

Managing groups and users for education

I think I'm missing something... I created groups for each of my classes on https://manage.autodesk.com/. This was done by importing a spreadsheet for each class. This mostly worked, although I noticed several of the user names were not imported correctly. It would be nice to be able to edit the user name instead of having to import them again.

But my primary concern is I cannot see these new users on my Fusion Team admin page. They have all been assigned to Fusion. I wanted to set up the permissions to my class folders, but can't do this if the new students don't show up in Fusion. Am I missing a step?

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: rstehlik_12

Hi @rstehlik_12 

Thanks for posting your question. Assigning licensees to your students is separate process than inviting students into your Fusion team and project. As an Educator, you can you assign licenses for products beyond Fusion 360. Sorry that this is confusing.

To manage Folder-Level Projects in a class setting, I created a video that goes through the steps to setup a Folder-Level Project and assign your students roles for....

Please let me know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
rstehlik_12
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,

Thanks for creating that video, it provides a good summary of managing users and permissions for an educational environment. I especially liked the part where you showed what the students see. I'm still a little surprised that after creating new users to assign Fusion licenses, I have to go through the process again to invite them to my Fusion Team. Entering their email addresses again seems redundant, no? I'm wondering if I could skip the step of assigning licenses to new users and simply invite them to my Fusion team?

Rob

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: rstehlik_12

Hi @rstehlik_12 

Glad the video helped. The process of assigning licenses is a totally different system than Fusion Team. The steps feel the same, but they have two different purposes;

1. Assign Autodesk Education software licenses (not exclusively Fusion 360) at https://manage.autodesk.com/
  2. Control access to data on your Fusion Team through projects and folder at https://login.autodesk360.com 

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report