Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE: Student opened Internet Explorer on the autodesk side of the online version of fusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drew.blazo
125 Views, 3 Replies

ISSUE: Student opened Internet Explorer on the autodesk side of the online version of fusion

A student was using a chromebook and online fusion to work on a project but it kept crashing on the autodesk side. I tried to enter feedback in the box for it, but the window hid the "submit button". I hit tab to try and get down to it and pressed enter. Suddenly we were presented with Internet Explorer overlaying Fusion360. We took a screenshot and closed out. I'm pretty sure that opining another application on the virtual machine is not on the list of things Autodesk wants to happen.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 12.10.42 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: drew.blazo

Hi @drew.blazo 

Sorry you're having this issue. Are other students also having this issue, and what is the internet speed? https://fast.com/ is an easy site to get the internet speed. Which browser is the student running? I'd recommend Chrome.
Can you try the following: clearing the cache and updating the video drivers. Here are links for how to clear the cache and update drivers .

1. Clear the cache on a Chromebook 
  2. Update graphics and system drivers on a Chromebook

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
drew.blazo

It happened just at the end of the session so I don't know if it was reproducible. The other students weren't having any problems. My concern was that opening another application (Internet Explorer) on the virtual machine over at Autodesk might be an opening for more nefarious actors to cause problems.

I'll check with the student on Monday to see if the crashing continued or not.

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach

Hi @drew.blazo 

I'd recommend clearing the cache on the Chromebook and see if this solves the issue.

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report