Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning products to students not possible

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gasteigerj
212 Views, 4 Replies

Assigning products to students not possible

Hello,

I tried to make a new group in my origin team .

I would like to assign a product, (fusion360) to this new team.

But there are no products available that could be assigned to this team.

But there was another team, however this works, that , so it seams to me, a student from long ago has made.

In this team there are all fusion licenses available but I cannot change this assignment, or delete this team,   or the student.

inviting new students to fusion360,  is only possible out of this team. In my origin Team there is no product available.

When I invite students out of the "bad" team and they log in to fusion at school, following the invitation,  they were asked to start a new team, which is not the goal.

What to do?

thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: gasteigerj

Hi @gasteigerj,

To clarify your question. Are you unable to assign your students Fusion 360 licenses? If so, here is a document that goes through this process (Option 2) Educator’s guide to onboarding and offboarding students

Let us know if this help or if you are having issues with inviting students to your Fusion Team.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5
gasteigerj

thank you Dan,

I hope my analysis of the issue is correct.

In my account I have two teams.  One with my name and a number, and a second one which was installed from a student long ago. In this team are all class licenses of Fusion 360 caught .  If I try to assign Fusion  360 to users in my team it says there is no available Product,

My hope was to delete the second team and get the licenses back, but it is not possible, only the owner has the right to do this. But I don’t know him.

what to do?

Message 4 of 5
gasteigerj
in reply to: dan.banach

thank you Dan,

I hope my analysis of the issue is correct.

In my account I have two teams.  One with my name and a number, and a second one which was installed from a student long ago. In this team are all class licenses of Fusion 360 caught .  If I try to assign Fusion  360 to users in my team it says there is no available Product,

My hope was to delete the second team and get the licenses back, but it is not possible, only the owner has the right to do this. But I don’t know him.

what to do?

Message 5 of 5
dan.banach

Hi @gasteigerj 

To make sure that we're talking about your Fusion Team. In Fusion 360's Data Panel, under the Fusion Team switcher is this where you're seeing your team and the student's Fusion Team?

danbanach_0-1675557745551.png

I can see that you're a Project Contributor in the Fusion Team "myweb4399" and your Role is a Project Contributor. With this Role, you can't invite others to the Team or projects.

If the issue is assigning your student licenses. First, you'll need to acquire a Fusion 360 license and then assign them.

To acquire a Fusion 360 Education license, do the following.

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.
  2. To get or renew your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_1-1675558022060.png

1. Then click "ACCESS"

danbanach_2-1675558022060.png

1. Launch Fusion 360.
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_3-1675558022061.png

Please let us know if these ideas help.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report