Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History marker keeps going missing on me.

71 REPLIES 71
Message 1 of 72
Anonymous
7528 Views, 71 Replies

History marker keeps going missing on me.

The title pretty much covers it. As I'm working the marker for where I am in the timeline keeps going missing on me. If I shrink my window from full screen it will come back, but i have a big screen and I have it to take advantage of the real estate.

The monitor is 2560 x 1440. I'm running Win8.1 viva bootcamp on a 15" macbook pro with Nvida graphics.

Lost Marker 1.png

Lost Marker 2.png

71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

I've had the same thing happening to me. Mac OS X 10.11.5 - I7 - 27" iMac - mid 2010.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 72
Phil.E

Thanks for posting this.

To be clear, are you saying that this is always the result when you are in full screen?

I need to report this, can you use the graphics diagnostic tool and post the results here? (it's in the ?Help menu)

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

If I have the Data Panel open I can still see the marker, if I close the panel, the marker will disappear. It doesn't like the timeline extending so far across the bottom of the screen.

Here is the Diagnostic:

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
GPU RAM: 2048 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 347.52
GPU Driver Date: 02/05/2015

[Graphics Effects Settings]
Anti Aliasing: On
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Object Shadow: Off
Ground Shadow: Off
Ground Reflection: Off
Selection Display Style: Simple
Transparency Effect: Better Performance

[Limit effects to optimize performance]
Off

Message 5 of 72
Phil.E

Thanks this sounds easy to repeat with the right hardware and sufficiently long timeline.

Logged as a bug now. [internal reference FUS-26303].

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 72
euclidmandd

Hi, I thought I'd bring this back up because it just started to happen for me with some larger files. It seems like the only way to bring it back is to reopen the file. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying. I've been using fusion for several months and the problem just started last week after the big update. I'm running on windows 10. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help isolate the issue.

Thanks,

Alex 

Message 7 of 72
macmanpb
in reply to: euclidmandd

I am sorry to explain that behavior again and again.

It has nothing todo with fullscreen or not!!!!!

This behavior occurs if you have a large screen (imac 27") and a long timeline that needs to be scrolled on that big screen.

Go to a imac27" open a project with a long timeline resize the window to have the full screen used and close the data-panel.

Then move to the end of your timeline. No history marker!!

So activate the data-panel again and the history marker comes back.

AND, that have nothing to do with the data-panel IT IS a problem with the SCREEN SIZE. You can test to resize the fusion window and

you will see that if you have a smaller window it will have a history marker.

I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO EXPLAiN THAT BUG AGAIN!

😉

Message 8 of 72
TrippyLighting
in reply to: macmanpb

@macmanpb wrote:

I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO EXPLAiN THAT BUG AGAIN!

If it would be fixed, you would not have to 😉

Peter Doering
Message 9 of 72
Phil.E
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I just bumped the bug report.

We did fix some other timeline marker regressions recently, this was not related and thus was not fixed. 

Hopefully we can nail this down for good soon.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 72
PhilProcarioJr

@Phil.E

Also for the record this happens on my windows computer too, so it is NOT just mac related.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 11 of 72
moth3r
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Count me in! Funny enough, it kinda happened at the time when history timeline became wider than fusion360 window. When history marker went out of focus it just got lost. Scrolling did not help either, simply was not there anymore. 

Message 12 of 72
Phil.E
in reply to: moth3r

Thanks for the additional feedback. This is a well known bug with complicated solutions. Actually, it's been several bugs, all related. That's why it doesn't get fixed all at once. There have been some fixes lately.

This is on our roadmap for the near future updates. In the mean time, if you are stuck in any way, please let us know so we can explain the workarounds.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 72
moth3r

All I can say it's really frustrating to deal with these kind of things. As it happens now in every project, whenever history gets a tad longer, marker disappears. I understand what you guys saying but marker is timeline's core feature. I really hope you will manage to fix it.  

Message 14 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: moth3r

Still happening.

Still super annoying.

Message 15 of 72
Exaggerator

Still happening for me as soon as I get a longer History and scale the window to a width of roughly 2300px or more. Quite consistent and easy to reproduce.
Any potential fixes one could implement locally by any chance?

Message 16 of 72
Phil.E
in reply to: Exaggerator

Hi @Exaggerator, if there were a fix available it would be in the product by now. Thanks for asking.

The bug report is updated again, thanks for posting.

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 72
docara

Hi Phil

I don't know if this is related or my naivety with Fusion but I quite often get the timeline marker going all the way to the left (beginning)

After reading about the issue with the timeline and some bugs floating around I will keep my eye in it and report back - if its not me 😉 

Matt

Message 18 of 72
Phil.E
in reply to: docara

@docara Does this happen when you have an activated component that is empty? Or when you press the timeline player button that moves it to the beginning? Or do you mean the model is complete, but the timeline marker is at the beginning as if it were entirely rolled back?

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 72
docara

Hi Phill,

My initial thoughts are neither. 

I'm currently finishing up my first Design with Fusion, I have all the components I need and just going through and tweaking things. I have never hit the Timeline FWD / REV etc buttons as I am struggling with good understanding of the system to know how to use it properly.

However I've starting using the components timeline to edit. Perhaps I have moved the timeline to the beginning once or twice and perhaps the activation was also toggled - I just don't know 

Now that I am aware of a possible issue with the timeline I will monitor what I do and of course let you know

Matt

Message 20 of 72
Phil.E
in reply to: docara

Timeline is pretty simple. It represents all the actions you have taken in the model, in order. You can sort it for a single component by activating that component in the browser.

Rules of thumb:

1. Work at the end of the timeline when creating things.

2. Only rollback timeline to an earlier state if you need to edit things at 'that point in time'.

You have to take deliberate actions to move the timeline marker from the 'end' to anywhere else. That is not what this post is about. The original complaint is that the marker will simply disappear in some situations, not that it's moved randomly or unexpectedly.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report