Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move black points in 3D Sketch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1958 Views, 8 Replies

Can't move black points in 3D Sketch

I'm designing a facemask via a 3D sketch and then sweeping a profile along the path. Most points are needed to be coincident but for some reason I am unabe to move several coincident points, specifically the black ones. Neither the points nor the lines are fixed. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

You can move the black (fit) points in a 3D curve.  You just cannot "drag" them by just left clicking on them.  Drag only works on 2D sketch data (because the drag is not ambiguous in 2D).  So, edit the sketch, and use the Move command to move them in 3D:

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks for the reply. What’s weird is that I have been doing that. I ensure that I edit the sketch, select move on the point to where it gives it its multiple DOF. But when I attempt to move the point, the point stats while the arrow icon/cube moves.
Message 4 of 9
laughingcreek

@jeff_strater-I'm getting the same behavior with his file.  Some of the points move with the move command, but some don't

Message 5 of 9

here's a screen cast.  lots of weird stuff here

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Yep! That is exactly what I'm referring to. The sketch was intially made all on the same plane and then moved out from the plane from there. I have no clue as to why the points behave like that in this situation.

But in addition to this, most of the sketch features are splines, and when moving them from 2D to 3D, they lose all kind of functionality with the tangency/curvature handles. The green handles show but do not allow for any editing. I don't know if this might lead to other evidence but it's something that has also been happening in parallel. 

Message 7 of 9
TrippyLighting

By moving from a 2 d to a 3D spline you get into a very buggy area of Fusion 360. Apply a smooth or tangent constraint between the spline and maybe a projected line element and you either cannot move the handle anymore, or while the constraint symbol is still shown you can pull on the handle violating the smooth constraint. It’s very frustrating!

Peter
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jeff_strater

Yes, there are some bad behaviors to this sketch, thanks for sharing the video, @laughingcreek.  We'll look into these.  It seems like points with active handles cannot be moved, and there is some failure with a coincident constraint as well.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 9 of 9
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

filed as FUS-35589 and FUS=35590.  Thanks for sharing the model!

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums