Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular Pipe in Pressure networks

Rectangular Pipe in Pressure networks

Hello everyone.
I propose to improve the display of pressure pipes in Civil 3D.
CIvil 3D only supports round pipes, although the Infrastructure Part Editor allows you to create rectangular pipes, but they are not displayed in Civil 3D.
Confirmation of this is my screencast

https://autode.sk/3j4zh4z

7 Comments
engngr_ats
Participant

Why not to have pipes of mixed or complex shapes?

Leutsky_VA
Collaborator
This is how they are not displayed in Civil.
Or are you talking about gravity tubes?
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. We will review the idea while other customers continue to comment and vote on it.

ChrisRS
Mentor

I understand the idea, but what is the use case? I am unfamiliar with rectangular pressure pipe.

engngr_ats
Participant

"Pressure" is only a name, and such feature can be used wider: it can be cables, block of cables, channels, tunnels. Sometimes pipe must be "surrounded" by concrete (box shape), etc.

Leutsky_VA
Collaborator

@engngr_ats 

Thank you for writing the answer) That's what I meant. The direction can be very broad.
If they make a new type of object "Well" in the "Pressure" network, it will be very, very cool! The covers of the wells will reach the ground and be attached to the working part of the well, I have been dreaming about this for a long time)

afiore5M2KX
Community Visitor

I for one would find square pipes for pressure networks extremely useful for modeling duct bank packages. Currently our process is very robust having to use pipe networks, it would be much faster and efficient to use pressure networks for this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report