Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structures at end of vertex of polyline PipeNetworks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aj519
454 Views, 4 Replies

Structures at end of vertex of polyline PipeNetworks

A structure was created at each polyline vertex within Pipe Networks Civil 3d.  How do I change this default setting for a created pipe network?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: aj519

I have the same question, this worked back in 2008 or 2009, when converting a polyline with vertices it would come in as one pipe with vertices.  Now using Civil 3D 2014, there is a structure inserted at each vertex.  We have a lot of curved pipes saved in GIS that are drawn as polylines with many straight segments, so this is a very important feature to us.

Nick Birth, PE

Hydraulic Engineering Section

San Francisco Public Works

City and County of San Francisco 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, Nick, I just opened up an old laptop for the first time in years. It still has C3D2008 installed so tried to duplicate what you describe and see no way of creating a single pipe with multiple vertices. Perhaps you used a tool to convert the segmented pline to one with radii prior to converting to a pipe network? I don't recall a pipe being anything other than one with start and end points, and a radius for a curved pipe.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff, thanks for checking, it turns out I had done as you suggested and used a curved pipe.  It was so long ago I had convinced myself I did it the other way!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report