Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge surfaces?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joantopo
310 Views, 5 Replies

merge surfaces?

Hi.

I have 2 corridor surfaces (both are the Top Code).

In some stations, they are a little bit overlapped, so the "paste surfaces" works fine, but in another portion, both surfaces are not in touch. There is just a 1mm distance between the border of each surface.

35.jpg

It is the "dashed white line" which is the small separation between both surfaces (no more than 1mm).

And If I do zoom in to that "line" is this picture:

36.jpg

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: joantopo

You could try adding a "show" boundary.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
joantopo
in reply to: troma

or maybe extracting the corridor feature lines of each corridor (code in the border of the shoulder) and convert them to static (not dynamic) and add them to the new (paste) surface as breaklines.

but I would like a dynamic task.

Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 4 of 6
troma

I missed that they were corridor surfaces.

Why not leave the extracted corridor featurelines as dynamic?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
joantopo
in reply to: troma

I have tried with 2 dynamic corridor feature lines (each one from each corridor) and it doesn´t work.

Each corridor feature line is in different site and without smothing.

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Message 6 of 6
doni49

@joantopo wrote:

I have tried with 2 dynamic corridor feature lines (each one from each corridor) and it doesn´t work.

Each corridor feature line is in different site and without smothing.

When you extract the FL, there is an option to tell it specifically what site you want the FL in.  Assign them both to the same Site.  And it will also allow you to do the smoothing.

ExtractFL.png

I've done just that in the attached dwg file.  The surface I made includes nothing but these two FLs.  It all remains dynamic based on the corridors and smoothed.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report