Community
Arnold for Maya Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Maya using the MtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maya 2022 Render sequence keep crashing using cpu

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
t.pulon
2219 Views, 10 Replies

Maya 2022 Render sequence keep crashing using cpu

Hi!
I have some issue with the render sequence in maya 2022 with arnold, the render keep crashing without even rendering the first frame (sometimes after the second).

I tried to limit the number of threads Arnold use when rendering but it keeps crashing, i tried without the skydome (i read that somewhere...) but keep crashing, I played a lot with several ai shaders so i tried without all my shaders, keep crashing... it only don't crash with a aistandardSurface without anything else but my textures are only 2k, so i though it wasn't that heavy...

Btw my config is ryzen 9 5900x, 16Go ram, GTX 1070 (but im using cpu)
And my processor doesn't go over 90% when rendering as i'm limiting the use of threads...

I don't know what to check now, if someone has any idea ..

thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Labels (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
thiago.ize
in reply to: t.pulon

Hi, can you please include a verbose log file (https://docs.arnoldrenderer.com/display/A5AFMUG/Log)? It will contain important information for us, such as the arnold version you are using. If you got a prompt to report your crash to Autodesk, please do so and then post the CER report number here as that will let us better investigate the problem.

Otherwise, are you running the latest version of Arnold? At the moment that's mtoa 5.0.0.4 (Arnold core 7.0.0.3). Maybe it's already fixed your crash?

Message 3 of 11
Christoph_Schaedl

16gb of ram isnt that much. Like Thiago mentioned take a close look at the Arnold log.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 4 of 11
t.pulon

thanks for your answer,

@Thiago Ize sorry i forgot to mention that, i am using maya 2022 with arnold 7.0.0.0 ans MtoA 5.0.0.1, and when it crashes it just closes maya and nothing, Can I generate a log file if the scene crashes without any warning ?

@Christoph Schaedl yeah i thought about that too but my ram never goes over 85% when i'm rendering, so i thought it was ok ?
I can upload my scene if necessary but i will try to upload a log file if i can too i will also try to update arnold

Message 5 of 11
Stephen.Blair

I strongly recommend you update the latest MtoA, which you can get at arnoldrenderer.com/arnold/download

You can enable file logging (in the Arnold Renderer settings, Diagnostics tab).

If the render starts at all, something will be written to that log file.

If you are on Windows, you can start Maya from the command line with the -log flag, and that will write all the Maya log output to a different log file.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 11
t.pulon

okay i have a arnold log file after a crash here it is !

https://we.tl/t-ZbTHN4xLeM
edit: couldn't update it on the forum for some reason I hope that's ok

Message 7 of 11
Stephen.Blair

This is for a render done with Render > Render Sequence?

It looks like an IPR render (because I see the AA -3, AA -2, AA -1, AA 1 renders too). Whenever I do Render > Render Sequence, that never happens. It renders just one pass with the final AA setting.

Can you try with the latest MtoA?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 8 of 11
t.pulon

Yes it is with render>render sequence

it looks like updating arnold fixed the thing... i'm trying to render more frame to see if it crash again but really sorry if it was this simple, actually i thought i download the last version of arnold last week but it appears that i was wrong !

Message 9 of 11

Actually I have the same problem or a very similar.. With every frame render with rendering>render sequence the ram is getting filled up. Until the point when its full and crashes. 

Im using Maya 2023 with latest Arnold mtoa 5.2.1.1 from 05.10.22 (Arnold Core 7.1.3.2).

Even in a very simple Scene: just a Cube and a Skydome i can replicate this memory leak. 

Tested it in Maya 2022 too... same result. With bigger scenes its crashes just faster. 

Hope someone can help maybe. Thanks in advance (: 

Message 10 of 11

Maya 2023.2 crashes also in Render Sequence. With each rendered frame Maya occupies more and more RAM until it's a crash
Message 11 of 11
thiago.ize

The just released Arnold core 7.2.1.0 fixes a memory leak on the CPU while GPU rendering. Maybe that is the memory leak some of you are seeing? Do try downloading the latest Arnold plugin and see if it solves your issue? https://arnoldrenderer.com/download/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators