Community
Arnold for Maya Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Maya using the MtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold won't render my sequence. Maya 2022

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
g013348l
414 Views, 4 Replies

Arnold won't render my sequence. Maya 2022

When I try to render my sequence all I get is a blue screen in the render view and one corrupted frame in the output folder. I've tried everything to fix it, changed every setting and deleted all the higher poly objects/higher res textures in the scene. Its definitely set to render out the whole sequence (120 Frames) as it goes through every frame in the timeline but doesn't render anything. I've also tried using low resolutions and sample counts. I can sometimes get a single frame to render in the render view but it usually crashes.

I'm a student so I have access to powerful computers with 3080s but it doesn't seem to make a difference as its not a particularly complex scene.

I'm running out of time before I have to submit this so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: g013348l

Are you using the latest MtoA? available from arnoldrenderer.com/arnold/download

Can you post an Arnold log (verbosity level = Info) ?

Instructions for generating full verbosity log files are available for MtoA, MaxtoA, C4DtoA, HtoA, KtoA, and Kick.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 5
g013348l

I have the latest version on my home computer, but that wasn't powerful enough to render it. I'm not sure about the Uni's computers though. I have attached the Arnold log. Arnold Stats.txt - Arnold Log.txt. It created a lot of logs so I'm not sure if these are right.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Stephen.Blair

The log file isn't detailed enough to know what happened. It does tell me that there was GPU crash in a previous render. We'd need to see the log for that render.

That stats file shows that you're using Arnold 6.2.1.1 (that's MtoA 4.2.4 from last June)

Does it still crash if you remove the texture from the skydome light?
That's an issue that was fixed in the latest Arnold (Arnold 7.0.0.3 and MtoA 5.0.0.4)

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 5
g013348l

Hi, It must have been the skydome as I removed some files from the project folder, including the HDRI I was using and started using a physical sky instead. Its now started rendering properly.

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums