Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling in vred

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
linnea_palsson
272 Views, 4 Replies

Scaling in vred

Hi!

I dont know how to decide which scale to apply when using vred, and how do I do it?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seiferp
in reply to: linnea_palsson

The scale of what? Your 3D model? Ideal you don´t have to scale your model at all and should match the size it has in CAD. VRED is working in mm. I never had issues wit CAD. Sometimes you have to scale it depending on the export options of your modeling software. Blender e.g is working in meters and depending on the format incorrectly scaled. Usually it is an translation error from meters to mm and a scale of factor of 10 (larger or smaller) does the job.

Message 3 of 5
linnea_palsson
in reply to: seiferp

Thank you for your answer! The 3D models is in mm so i should not be a problem then... 

It doesent work and i thought that the scaling was the problem.. When we are using the VR headset the 3D model is very small, and our position is on top of the 3D model, i guess there is something else that is the problem then.... but what? Any tips?

Message 4 of 5
seiferp
in reply to: linnea_palsson

If it is not about the model scaling but the perception in VR, than this might be related to this thread

Message 5 of 5

Hi, have you checked the model position and size? Check if the position is in the origin of the scene. Maybe your cad was modeled not at the origin...

Try to create a new box of 1000mm, it will be at the origin, and compare that with your model position.

Also select the model node in the scenegraph and right click, click on Information. This tells you the bounding box measure, and check this with the size your model should have.

Christian_Garimberti_0-1714065120725.png

Check also if the environment have transformations that could offset this from the VR setup.

Christian_Garimberti_1-1714065217864.png

And last you can redo the room setup in Steam (if you are working via steam VR) to check if your room calibration is correct.

if you can, send some screenshot of what you see and of your scene setup.

Best

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report