Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with getting VRED model data over to Unreal Engine.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aztecsurf
197 Views, 0 Replies

Need help with getting VRED model data over to Unreal Engine.

Hello everyone, I am currently working with Unreal Engine 5.1 and bringing our data over to the engine for visualization projects. We will be using UE quite a bit in the future moving forward.

I use the Unreal (DataSmith) plugin for VRED to export the data out as a FBX file that will be imported into Unreal also using (DataSmith) as the data exchange. If I export the scene or simply just parts of the model isolated, Datasmith brings in the entire scene with environments, nodes, etc. This is a huge amount of data that is not needed in Unreal and basically weighs down the entire scene to where I cant move the model. If I try and delete all the nodes, the model gets broken of course. I would love to hear from someone that can provide some insight on the proper workflow getting the data from VRED to Unreal and what techniques you are currently using.

I am converting the surface data to a mesh before the export option which seems to be required.

Thanks again.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report