Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature is missing in user interface of VRED Pro - UV Editor.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
525 Views, 5 Replies

Feature is missing in user interface of VRED Pro - UV Editor.

Although script for UV Editor is marked as loaded (Preferences / Plugins / vrUVEditor),
I cannot see a UI "button"/"line" under Scene>UV Editor (it is simply not there) nor under RMB tab and than UV Editor.
Same for VRED PRO 2019.3, 2020.2 and 2020,3.
I re- instaled products again. Also tryied with all preferences back to default.
Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
richardlevene
in reply to: Anonymous

Weird. Maybe worth trying deleting your preferences file completely and starting vred clean.

Message 3 of 6
sinje_thiedemann

Hi,

the UV editor module is not setup if OpenGL support is missing.

In this case there should be a red error message in the Terminal after starting VRED (open Terminal by clicking on the icon on the bottom).

Without OpenGL, you're also forced to use Raytracing render mode, the Raytracing button is greyed out then.

Which graphics card and driver are you using? Try updating to the latest driver.

Kind regards

Sinje

uv_editor_opengl.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sinje_thiedemann

Hi 

@sinje_thiedemann sinje,

This is exactly what is happening. No OpenGL support. 
I use NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti 

Driver Version: 442.92
Release Date: April 16, 2020
In Device Manager: 26.21.14.4292

Any idea how to bring back this support?

Message 5 of 6
sinje_thiedemann

Do you use a virtual machine, remote desktop, or do you have additionally an onboard GPU that could be used instead of the RTX? What does VRED show under Help > GL Info in the Extensions tab?

Message 6 of 6

In case you are using remote desktop as Sinje said you need to install a special patch from Nvidia to get OpenGL/GPU accelleration on Geforce GPUs. I posted this a while ago in this thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vred-forum/gpu-raytracing-thru-remote-desktop/td-p/9437260

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report