Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract 2D surfaces to use for Texture Projection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
yavaBBL49
324 Views, 1 Reply

Extract 2D surfaces to use for Texture Projection

So, every time I have to make a decal for an object, I have to use the "trial and error" approach when I design it in Photoshop/Illustrator, and then import in VRED, see if it fits, and then go back modify, and import again, over and over. This is because the surfaces as extracted from the CAD program are perfect for an in real life usage, but just don't work for a render-based usage, since we aren't dealing with real objects, but with virtual objects where most of the times we are projecting a flat image onto a 3D surface.

Isn't possible for VRED to extract a 2D path from a side/front ortogonal view of an object? That would save me a lot of time when designing a decal, since I would already have some references, the boundaries to stay in when working with Illustrator.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

i think that all you need is to work with UV maps. I'm not familiar with this workflow, but in the web you can find some learning material.

"UV Mapping Vred" search with Google

"UV unwrap Vred" search with Google

But i think you can search material also without specifying VRED. UV workflow is similar in every software.

Best

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report