Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Data Files for Al's Steel Mill Lisp Routine

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
george.watson
468 Views, 0 Replies

Updated Data Files for Al's Steel Mill Lisp Routine

I have used this handy Lisp code from Al Rogers for many years. Since the AISC came out with a 16th Edition of the standard shapes, I decided to update Al's old data which came from the 9th edition, IIRC. Several large sizes were added to the shapes.

For those unfamiliar with the original code, it will draw all the steel shapes in 2D and 3D. The original Lisp should still be available and if you just save the old DIM files somewhere and copy the new DIM files to the folder where the LSP and DCL files are stored, his old Lisp should still work, or copy the files in the ZIP to your folder where your LSP files reside. 

The old metric files are from Al's original as are the bar size channels since I did not have a source for the metric shapes. I included the AISC Excel file in the ZIP where the data came from.  

Edit--Edit--

I found an error in the Stl_Tube.DIM file and it was corrected with the revised ZIP below. I also edited the DCL file to change the Label for Tubes to HSS which is what the AISC now calls them. 

Another EDIT -----

I found another error with a divide by Integer 2 from several years ago in one of these forums. Look for Stl-2dot0.LSP to see what changed. Someone added different metric DIM files and I didn't know enough Lisp to make all the DIM changes. I just correct the divide by 2 errors.

HTH

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta