SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zph
Collaborator
1789 Views, 4 Replies

Text format...

Good day all!

"{\\W0.8;...\\P\\pxt9;}..."

The above is the [assoc 1] result of running the code below and selecting a Mtext entity:

(entget (car (entsel)))

I've never seen the "\\pxt9;" mtext formatting code before.  I searched around the net and didn't locate any references to it.  Do you guys have any idea what it is, or does?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ranjit_Singh1
in reply to: zph

Mtext can be formatted in  a lot of ways. Post your drawing and someone can analyze. You should be able to change the text (formatting etc.) and see how the assoc 1 changes.

pxi is for bullets in Mtext. See here

Message 3 of 5
SeeMSixty7

After playing around with the mtext editor for a while, JOY! discovered that the lower case px basically means Paragraph setting.

anything that follows that is a setting t9 happens to mean TAB location at 9 spaces.

You could just as easily see something like pxt2,t4,t8,t10  that would mean tab settings at 2 4 8 and 10.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 5
zph
Collaborator
in reply to: SeeMSixty7

Thank you for the info, CM67.

This makes sense.

I was messing around with myself by entmod'ing the assoc 1 and found that I could change the px#, but no changes would occur after doing so, but the assoc 1 would show the updated px#.

It may have been the remnants of a bullet/list/etc...that was started on the 1st line of MTEXT, but wasn't fully deleted off the first line.  The px# may be a way that AutoCAD converts the text formatting values that are pulled in from external programs.  Who knows 🙂

Thanks again!

~Z

Message 5 of 5
SeeMSixty7

the pxt# woudl only put a tab stop in the paragraph it does not mean it woudl affect anything except if you had tabs in the paragraph.

so if you had something like:

\\pxt10,t12;Here\tIs\tAnother 

You should see a difference then. depending on if your mtext boundary is large enough for those tab settings.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report