Did you mean: 

selecting blocks by name with script commands

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1007 Views, 0 Replies

selecting blocks by name with script commands

Hello World of Autocad.

I’ve been working on a complicated block with Multiple visual states and find it rather time consuming to go in and manually wright in (copy paste from a long list of visual state name produced in Excel) each bvstate one by one.  I did some online research and found a script which I can modify in Excel and copy paste the entire column in to the auto cad command line on automatically create the list of states needed for the block   (command "-BVSTATE" "N" "R-O-N-F-F-ON-ON-ON-ON" "H"). I thought this was great as it took 2 mins to create some 3000 + state.   but now I’m finding I have to again manually assign each element visible for each “bvstate”… This is taking an unacceptably long time.  I’m thinking scritping a sequence of commands which I can modify in excel and correlate each element by name to the corresponding “bvstate” would be perfect.  Here is my problem I have a very very limited knowledge of scripting stings of commands. I don´t quite get the camas, semicolon, back slash, syntax used for scripting in Autocad.  Could anyone let me know of any good resources, on line courses, books ect. that I could use get acquainted with scripting? The block i´ve been creating has a series of commands that repeat for each state, “bedit”, choosing the correct visual state from a long list. Then “qselect” selectin several blocks as necessary (some of them overlap and are similar in form so it’s easier to select by name) followed by assigning weather or not it is visible and repeating.  It seems to me the best way to do this would be through some sort of script as most of this can be done with key strokes (tab, alt “letter” …).  The end all of this block would be to create a block with a series of pull-down menus that would be used for creating the final block. Can someone help out with a script for selecting blocks “by name”, and choosing “bvstate”, make objects visible invisible, and good references for learning scrip. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report