Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp Distance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Katiely.scharnesky
313 Views, 2 Replies

Lisp Distance

Hello, I'm trying to find some lisp that does the function of inserting the distance from one endpoint to the other, and inserting the distance an offset of 0.5 below the line, as in the example of the image.
She would have to do the whole line, because she has several endpoints.

If anyone has this lisp and can share it, I would be extremely grateful.

Katielyscharnesky_0-1658349277447.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

why not using a dimension (which can then be associative in case the line length changes)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

@Katiely.scharnesky wrote:

.... She would have to do the whole line, because she has several endpoints. ....

If by that you mean that you want to put length indicators on all segments of a Polyline, maybe you can use DimPoly.lsp with its DPI and DPO commands, >here<.  Define a Dimension Style with both extension lines and both dimension lines suppressed.  The distance of the text part from the Polyline can be changed [see Message 47 there].

If a Polyline is not closed, it will choose somehow what it considers the "inside" and "outside" sides of it, so if you try one of the commands and it puts them on the wrong side, Undo and use the other command.

But it won't do it on a Line object, if you have those.  In your image, the highlighted object is not a Line, but a Polyline [I can tell from the shape of the midpoint grip], so maybe this will work for you.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report