Did you mean: 

Generic lisp file that summaries areas of hatches in a table,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JamaL9722060
2484 Views, 8 Replies

I’m wondering if there is a lisp file that can read the boundary of the study area and the hatches and stick there areas in a table as shown in the attached screenshot

The areas of the roads are derived by subtraction the total area of hatches from the area of the study area.

The dwg file is attached

This is very frequent sort of work and takes a lot of time to be constructed. I’m already using fields to perform this kind of work.

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

am I right that you have Civil3D? Then it's a default function when using that objects as GIS-objects (look to the Map3D GIS functionality).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Many thanks Alfred,

Do you mean AutoCAD Map 3D?

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

>> Do you mean AutoCAD Map 3D?

The Map3D fucntionality is built in in Civil3D. And as you have asked questions in the Civil3D-forum I guess you have Civil3D and so you have all the GIS-functionality available.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

Many thanks Alfred for the prompt help,

Sure, I do have C3D!

Also, I have posted the issue I’m confronting in more details in the thread below

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/Deriving-a-legend-with-areas-of-hatches-and-their-perce...

one thing I should be clear about: our workflow is lines/hatches based! No polygons are required!

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

>> one thing I should be clear about: our workflow is lines/hatches based! No polygons are required!

Then I'm out, sorry ... as I don't do development based on LISP.

One additional tip to how I understand this forum here: you might ask how to do things, but I don't think that there will be anyone writing that for you (for free). So either you have started some code and you have now questions to what your code is not doing ok, or what function is available you are looking for to continue your code. In any of these cases you should better show your code so others know where you are and what problems you have.

>> Also, I have posted the issue I’m confronting in more details in the thread below

As you mentioned you have to use lines and hatches ==> the other thread will not help you I guess.

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9

Many thanks Alfred for the help,

Sure, I’ll never ask anyone to do that for me! Just I wanted to be directed to the right track to accomplish what I’m looking for. And just in case if anybody has similar kind of work

I agree, lines/hatch workflow has nothing to do with M3D

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

if you have no way to solve that automatically (no tool/application to do that) I would start with:

• run command _DATAEXTRACTION to export the hatches + it's area and layer
  • open the resulting file in Excel
  • do the calculation (percentage, sum area per layer ...) you need
  • insert the resulting XLS as table into the drawing with one column free
  • in that free column/cells manually do the hatch from the objects by layer

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9

Many thanks Alfred,

I already do this kind of work step by step as you have described but using the dynamic table available in the AutoCAD. Once I get the area of hatch for each class, the calculations are done automatically.

A sample is attached

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost