Message 1 of 8
SebastianMartias
3428 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCad LISP Programming Book PDF

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: SebastianMartias

1. would not that be very unfair to the author?

2. Wait until you have 45$ for this book.

Or 

3. Search for free information. www.google.com will help you.

Apparently, your Lisp knowledge is near zero, there you still find enough free stuff.

- Sebastian -
Message 3 of 8
hak_vz
in reply to: cadffm

You may learn autolisp basics from a book. You may also  look for a free resources on a various forums, blogs or lectures. To learn something with essential autocad vlide , find good text editor that takes care about parenthesis (I use notepad++ ). After you learn some basics and start using your code in a practice, you may read older posts on this forum and ask questions if you need help. When in doubt use google to find definitions of functions, sample code and so on.

Miljenko Hatlak

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
Message 4 of 8
devitg
in reply to: SebastianMartias

It was, and still is , my LISP ABC, or my first lisp source since 25 years ago  

https://www.afralisp.net/archive/index.htm 

Message 5 of 8
devitg
in reply to: hak_vz

@hak_vz wrote:

You may learn autolisp basics from a book. You may also  look for a free resources on a various forums, blogs or lectures. To learn something with essential autocad vlide , find good text editor that takes care about parenthesis (I use notepad++ ). After you learn some basics and start using your code in a practice, you may read older posts on this forum and ask questions if you need help. When in doubt use google to find definitions of functions, sample code and so on.

Just as a curiosity manner, Why do you do not use the VLIDE, inside ACAD?

Message 6 of 8
hak_vz
in reply to: devitg

I do programming for almost 30 years and autolisp is just one of languages in my collection. Somehow notepad++ become my favorite editor after all I've used before. It is a free editor that has large community and a lot of addons. I like how it deals with parentheses, when you open one it intuitively create closing one, if you are closing  a set of open ones it will change color of closing parenthesis for a blink of a second to present closing sequence.

It shows and proposes names of used variables and so on. When things go wrong I jump to vlide to find an error (rarely). That's why you may find in my posts that I forget to change a name of a variable . In testing phase you may work with global vars and code works great but after closing acad, you receive an error. Here comes strength of vlide and how it's coupled with acad.  I'm 99% of time in notepad++ For me vlide looks and feels the way it was many years ago. You may try notepad++, maybe you will like it to.

If someone would join typing usability of n++ and ide strength of vlide it would be a bingo!   

Miljenko Hatlak

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
Message 7 of 8
hak_vz
in reply to: devitg

Sorry for wrong link, this is correct link for notepad++

Context was also a good editor, but unfortunately authors stopped further development.

Miljenko Hatlak

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

I bought 4 books on kindle at $8 each and can copy code from them and use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost