Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Centreline

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
javier.barcelo
4199 Views, 6 Replies

Vehicle Centreline

Hi there,

Does anybody know if it's possible to display the centreline of the path a vehicle follows? My company has been using Autoturn for quite a while and they want Vehicle Tracking outputs to look as similar as possible to what they've been using.

Also, I haven't been able to customize the colours of the vehicle profile and its legend. Does anybody know how to customize that too?

Cheers

Javier

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

A couple of screenshots to illustrate what I'd like to achieve.

Vehicle Centreline.JPGVehicle Profile.JPG

Message 3 of 7
spsluka
in reply to: javier.barcelo

I have been able to get this real close and can elaborate a little more in depth tomorrow on my findings.

Message 4 of 7
spsluka
in reply to: spsluka

This is what it would probably look like.  Colors are per my guidelines and would need to be changed for yours.  Let me know if this is sort of what you are looking to achieve.  I have found that you can get it close but not exactly the way Autoturn presents it.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
nigel.peters
in reply to: spsluka

Javier,

Vehicle Tracking calls the line you are after the "Path Line" and it is one of the path construction lines. It can be enabled and have its draw style changed in the report wizard or the path properties diagram.

Select the path and use the Vehicle Tracking properties command to enable it (in the below picture its the blue line)

PathLine.png

NOTES:

Path construction lines will only plot/show in paper space if they are enabled in the Layers tab on Vehicle Tracking drawing settings.

Use the "Make Default" button to save the setting for new paths / new drawings.

Nigel Peters

Autodesk

Nigel Peters

Vehicle Tracking Product Owner

Software Development Manager
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: javier.barcelo

Hi Javier,

I used to work with you at GTA for a brief period and I can't remember how we used to generate the swept path key. I have no issues generating the vehicle profile but can't seem to figure out the general swept path legend (key). 

Are you able to please explain how you generate this? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and I hope you're well

Jake

Message 7 of 7
javier.barcelo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Jake,

I hope you're doing well. The legend we used is and AutoCAD block. AVT doesn't generate one. Sorry I can't help you more.

Since your question is not related to the subject of the thread, next time feel free to send me a private message instead.

Cheers

Javier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report