Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn around with one way thru

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randyspear6624
655 Views, 6 Replies

turn around with one way thru

I've just installed VT and am going to use the 3d roundabout feature on my next project hopefully.

I'm curious ahead of time though... is it possible to do a roundabout with only one lane having the option to continue straight through?

Essentially a turnaround with a one way through lane. (see sketch))2016-08-24 14_13_46-Document1_ - Bluebeam Revu x64.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Yes you can, that is an option.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7

Yes, two-arm roundabout with only one entry/exit lane works as above lane movements.

Joanna Zhang
Message 4 of 7

I'm now getting into this but it seems quite a bit more complicated than I imagined.

I was able to get it to drop a lane by setting the lane width to a 0.0001m. (I didn't see an option to omit a departing or approaching lane for a leg).

But my real problem is that it doesn't really follow my alignment. It seems to ignore the first tangent in both legs and instead aligns with the second tangent. I'm assuming this is because of a standard applied but I can't seem to find a setting for a runout length, min. approach radius, or something similar. This is a very non-standard situation and design speed really won't apply.

Ideally, I'd like to have the north approach/entry tied to the alignment that's highlighted and have a tight radius at the PI near 1+200. (see screenshot)

What parameters have I missed?

Message 5 of 7

Anybody?

Message 6 of 7
neuve
in reply to: randyspear6624

2017 and I'm still looking for an answer for this.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
nigel.peters
in reply to: neuve

Randy,

One way approach roads to the roundabout can be created by disabling either the entry or exit side of the relevant Arm.

This is done via the check box on the top of the arms panel in the roundabout properties dialog box. See

RoundaboutOneWayRoads.png

Nigel Peters

Autodesk

Nigel Peters

Vehicle Tracking Product Owner

Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report