Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legs alignement

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
vttp
1402 Views, 17 Replies

Legs alignement

Hello:

I just want to know how can i transform the legs alignements in a roundabout design into lines and circuls and not into little lines as do vehicle tracking, because alignaments are made with lines amb circuls with not decimals radius.

Thank you. (excuseme for me english)

Victor

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
viji.kumar
in reply to: vttp

Hi Victor

I have escalated your question to the development team. I hope to have a response within a couple of days.

Viji.Kumar
Message 3 of 18
viji.kumar

Hi Victor

On the corridor tab select create/maintain alignments for the roundabout leg.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Viji.Kumar
Message 4 of 18
vttp
in reply to: viji.kumar

No, i can't ajust the legs of the roundabout like and alignement.

I show you a picture with the problem, and also send you the dwg file of the exemple.

Thank you

Vicroundabout-1.jpg

Message 5 of 18
viji.kumar

Hi Vic

Thanks for the clarifications. From the look of the drawing, you are in Civil3D, in which case you have the option to create/maintain alignments via the Civil3D corridor tab in the Junction properties but this does not enable you to create the alignments you want.

It would seem that you have new requirements that:

• Need to supply extra individual “Arm” alignments as “most” of the ones we generate start on the entry arm blend point and end on the next exit arms blend point.
  • -
  • Need to add an option for explode to optimize the internal 1ft long segment lines into 2D polylines with bulges (this will slightly lose accuracy and also loses ALL 3D data!).
  • -
  • Need to add an option to not include the internal 1ft long segment lines from being exploded WHEN there is a alignment/feature line matching the line.

Finally,

• The requirement for the approach curb radii curve to be a whole number is a reasonable request as it greatly simplifies laying out the roundabout at construction time. However, we are not aware of any published design standard that requires this.

Could you please confirm that we have understood your requirements.

Viji.Kumar
Message 6 of 18
vttp

More or less yes. As you said it is not possible design geometry "as i like" in Vehicle tracking.

I has want like the attachet file.

Please, view it and give me you opinion.

Thank you

victor 

Message 7 of 18
viji.kumar

Hi Victor

The latest build of Autodesk® Vehicle Tracking is 2015.3 and it has provided the following enhancements regarding roundabouts. Are you using build 2015.3?

http://docs.autodesk.com/AVT/2015/ENU/readme_2015.3/readme_vehicle_tracking.html

Roundabout elevations

An issue that impacted Autodesk® Vehicle Tracking roundabouts in Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® has been resolved. This issue caused the centerline elevations of the approach and exit halves of each arm of the roundabout to differ.

Affected roundabouts in existing drawings can be updated by performing the following task:

1. Upgrade to Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015.3.
    2. Open the drawing in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015.
    3. Select an Autodesk Vehicle Tracking roundabout.
    4. Run the _adskJunctionEdit command to display the Junction Properties dialog box and click Apply. This will update the approach and exit elevations of the roundabout's profiles and corridor.

Note: If the profiles and corridor are not updated automatically when you perform step 4, run the _adskJunctionEdit command, click 3D Corridor to display the Corridor properties, select the Update Profiles and Update Corridor check boxes, and click Rebuild Now.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each roundabout in the drawing.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Viji.Kumar
Message 8 of 18
vttp

Hello again.

I used Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015.3 and it is not possble to dessign the legs of the roundaboud like the file i send in the post nº 6.
Please any idea.

Víctor
Message 9 of 18
viji.kumar

Hi Victor

I shall forward this to the AVT team for further information. Thank you for the feedback.

Viji.Kumar
Message 10 of 18
viji.kumar

Hi Victor

The AVT development team acknowledge that they are aware of your requirement and have informed me that they are investigating the rules that need to be implemented to enable the rounding of the relevant parameters.

Thank you for your patience and help in helping to identify and define this issue.

Viji

Viji.Kumar
Message 11 of 18
vttp

Hello again.

Do you have any answer from the AVT team?

Do you understand the file that i send to you in the post nº 6, because all the literature are in spanish.

Thank you again.

Víctor
Message 12 of 18
ralstogj

I would like to see the exporting of polylines as well we use these to build up hatch areas and share with other consultants with out Avt to visualise roundabout and road layout designs.

justin
Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 13 of 18
nigel.peters
in reply to: ralstogj

IF you are using AVT in Civil3D you do get a "linked/Managed" polyline under the outside curb and can switch on linked alignments for a lot of the geometry.

Could you send me a list of lines you would like exposed. We are al;so aware of the request to change the curbs from conpound curves to a "fixed" rounded radii curves to make laying out easier. Please let me know if you have exact requirements in this area.

Nigel

Nigel Peters

Vehicle Tracking Product Owner

Software Development Manager
Message 14 of 18
vttp
in reply to: nigel.peters

Hi Nigel.

Just see the drawing of the post nº 6. Where you can see the geometri more or less that we ned.

Thank you

Vic

Message 15 of 18
aphelan0032

Has there been any more progress on this issue? This software works great, however the line work that is developed is not usable in real life applications.In order for this to be used, the line work needs to be tangent, polylines and curves and not multiple polyline segments. 

Message 16 of 18
vttp
in reply to: aphelan0032

Long time.

Has there been any more progress on this issue in the new version 2018?

Message 17 of 18
JoannaZhang

Hi,

From Vehicle Tracking 2017, new setting Arm Base Alignment Curve Type is added on Roundabout Properties and Standard Editor dialog, and support Arc and Spline curve.

arm alignment.JPG

I think Arc arm base alignment can meet your requirement, right? - If users set Arc for curve type, single arc shows for the alignment.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. 

Joanna Zhang
Message 18 of 18
vttp
in reply to: JoannaZhang

Thanks for all the answers, but the problem persists.

Just design of a roundabout between two alignments (not straight alignments but circles or spirals) and the problem persists.

We will have to design roundabouts with the manual method, alignments to alignments.

First of all Autodesk should solve the design in 2d of the roundabout with all the alignments, and later realize the design in 3d like do now Vhecle Tracking..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report