Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Vehicle Model using real vehicle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
308 Views, 1 Reply

Create Vehicle Model using real vehicle

I am looking for some advice/methodology to create an accurate model for a vehicle other than using manufacturer data as the information supplied by the manufacturer is proving inaccurate.

I was thinking perhaps having the vehicle in a big space, and marking (then surveying) the track of wheels and corners under different conditions (speed, lock-to-lock time, different manoeuvres) and then using that to calibrate the vehicle model.

Has anybody did something similar before or can provide a suitable methodology to record all the necessary data to create the model.

Thanks

Fabien

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nigel.peters
in reply to: Anonymous

Fabian,

I would be interested in working with you on this, several trials have been done but the data is not publicly available.

A couple of things that need to be considered, swept paths are calculated at constant speed, uniform wheel turning rate and assume good tires. Loading of the vehicle also has a slight (sometime very significant) impact on the results. For example, even with out retracting any axles, the cut in point for a multi axle flatbed trailer will move toward the king pin when the trailer is unloaded V when it is loaded to its max capacity. 

What data are the manufacturers supplying with inaccuracies?

Nigel Peters

Autodesk

Nigel Peters

Vehicle Tracking Product Owner

Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report