Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Thin Client Link from within Vault Desktop Client

Send Thin Client Link from within Vault Desktop Client

A client has recently moved to Vault Professional 2015 and is keen to use the Thin Client to allow users across their wider organisation to access released\issued files.

They have a feature request…

From within the Vault Desktop client a user should be able to “Send a Thin Client Link” via email. This wold allow the recipient of the email to click on the URL which would in turn open their browser and display the file details page.

Currently the only options available are Send File or Send (a Vault desktop client) Link.

I understand they can send a file URL if they open the file in the thin client and copy the URL link from their own browser but this is quite a long, onerous process.

10 Comments
Josh_Hunt
Advocate

If this is implemented then the admin needs the ability to customize a response. When a user clicks on a thin client link that the user cannot access (deleted, not released, in a state the user does not have access to, in a folder the user does not have access to, etc).

This should also be done in HTML so the admin can refer users to an internal article or access request.

mthomas
Collaborator

This is a phenomenal idea and this feature would be used quite often within our organization. I'd be ok even if the link was placed into the clipboard so that it could be pasted into the email

s.wile
Advocate

I was just writing this exact idea then decided to search for and existing first.

The location I just helped implement Vault at would really benefit from this. Their current work-around is to open the thin client, browse to the file, and copy the address from the address line.

Please add "Send Thin Client Link" to the Send Link menu flyout

jeamy.baena
Advocate

This option is provided for Vault 2014 Professional only (legacy web client only) by a Vault app developed by Design and Motion.

https://apps.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3admhyperlinkmaestr...

s.wile
Advocate

@jeamy.baena This is perfect... but you're right. It doesn't work on 2016.

tolgay.hickiran
Advisor

Why haven't Autodesk implemented this still? 

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

@tolgay.hickiran some things (like this) may sound simple but Autodesk has to consider hundreds of factors for each change. They also may have many other higher priority features.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented with Vault 2018.2

tolgay.hickiran
Advisor
Amazing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report