Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN DELETE FILE IN VAULT, HIGHLIGHT NEXT FILE

WHEN DELETE FILE IN VAULT, HIGHLIGHT NEXT FILE

Every time I delete a file in Vault the file focus is randomly placed. There does not seem to be any logic to it. I have to scroll through hundreds of files to get back to where the lust was (minus the deleted file). I'd like to see the focus move to the next file in the list.

4 Comments
tmoney2007
Collaborator

The default functionality appears to be that when you delete an object, the selection highlight jumps to the object that was created immediately before.

If you delete something from the administration interface, this is how it acts.

As an example: If the file property "Property 1" was created and then "Another Property" was created, and were among a list of properties that were sorted alphabetically.  If you delete "Another Property" the selection will jump to "Property 1"

But you're right, it doesn't make sense to do it that way.  During a delete, the highlighted selection should obey the sort of the list at the time of the delete.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

BLHDrafting
Collaborator

Here is a link to a short video of the issue. Once you delete a file the focus does not move to the previosu file. It moves somewhere totally different. The video shows a folder with a small amount of files so the problem is not too bad (a small amount of scrolling). But on a folder with a large data set it can be quite annoying having to scroll back to where you were.

My preferred action to to go to either the file before or after the last file in the selection.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gsQtdmsZzzVUFlNmVCNngyQms/edit?usp=sharing

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

I am no longer seeing this in Vault 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report