Vault Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Vault team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Vault add-in for Inventor

by Collaborator DWhiteley on ‎09-06-2013 03:09 AM

Have the Vault panel bar as a separate dockable window like the iLogic browser. So that it is possible to view both the model and vault panel bars at the same time.

Also Auto-refresh the Vault status in the panel bar.

This will stop a lot of user errors on usingf the Vault, when they complain of overwriting models etc.

Users are under pressure to "get the job out", many times they don't even look at the Vault panel bar!

If it is easier to see the vault status and it is refreshed automatically, it will make the designers job a lot easier.

This request has been implemented with Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Professional 2018. Check Out the Autodesk Vault 2018 help:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-DD071BFB-45AC-4157-9660-2370EFA9B844

Younes Yammouri

Comments
By: Collaborator tmoney2007
| Posted ‎09-10-2013 11:49 AM

I would much rather just see the data from the Vault panel incorporated directly into the model browser.

Make the status icon visible in the model browser, and you don't have to worry about the Vault panel at all.

By: Advocate dmiller
| Posted ‎09-13-2013 04:59 PM

I agree with tmoney2007.  Integrate the Model and Vault panels.

By: Community Manager
| Posted ‎09-24-2013 11:13 AM
Status changed to: Gathering Support

| Posted ‎09-24-2013 11:13 AM
Status changed to: Accepted

By: Advocate Maarten65
| Posted ‎10-14-2013 10:11 AM

Integrate the Model and Vault panels. In 2014 you can show all the properties behind the parts name. This should be able in the model browser.

| Posted ‎01-07-2014 09:19 AM

An additional thing to add would be to include a view of the model browser similar to the vault browser, where you only see one instance of a part at a particular level as opposed to one instance for each occurance of the part.  Sometimes this would be useful in general, in Inventor.

This in addition to the status icon would fully replicate the vault panel within the model browser.

By: Collaborator pcrawley
| Posted ‎01-16-2014 11:47 AM

I noticed that the status of this idea was changed to "New idea" in September last year, but we've been asking for this in the beta forums for years!  I remember asking for it around Productstream 2 or 3 era.

A combined browser of some description would be great.  Take a look at the way the Revit browser can be combined/docked/stacked.  VRED can do it too.

Good suggestion.  It certainly has my vote.

By: Contributor MarkusGreifeneder3360
| Posted ‎01-26-2014 11:55 PM

Very good Idea!

This would spare a lot of  annoying clicks!

We are looking forward, to see in Vault 2015!

By: Community Visitor frank
| Posted ‎03-11-2014 07:56 AM

An configurable!!! integration model with Vault Prowser will be the best solution.

| Posted ‎05-07-2014 08:27 PM

The API's are even there to add extra icons to the model browser... my company toyed with their own PDM and that was one of the really cool features they came up with.

By: Mentor
| Posted ‎04-19-2016 01:13 PM

Until this gets implemented, search for the "MyVaultBrowser" add-in in the Inventor app store.  It is great....saves you from going back and fourth between browsers.

By: Mentor
| Posted ‎04-19-2016 02:25 PM

Until this gets implemented, search for the "MyVaultBrowser" add-in in the Inventor app store.  It is great....saves you from going back and fourth between browsers.

| Posted ‎12-28-2016 06:51 AM

The product development team is considering the feedback of the community and have implemented some of this feedback in the development pipeline. You are encouraged to join the Autodesk Vault beta program to get a view into what’s being implemented. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks 

Younes Yammouri

Autodesk Vault Product Manager

| Posted ‎03-21-2017 09:55 AM
Status changed to: Implemented

This request has been implemented with Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Professional 2018. Check Out the Autodesk Vault 2018 help:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-DD071BFB-45AC-4157-9660-2370EFA9B844

Younes Yammouri

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!