Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show links in Thin Client

Show links in Thin Client

Show links in the Thin Client.

Useful if you create by example a folder with links to different major assemblies of a project.

Related to this limitation

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

32 Comments
Bram_Baars
Enthusiast

We just switched from Productstream to Vault, and we really miss this functionality.

We have an extensive folder index filled with links, that is currently not accessible for our users of the ThinClient.

Steven.Branson
Explorer

This is a must have! First, For security reasons. Secondly, with over 60,000 drawings in our data base, moving PDF to a subset of folders (for security) every time a revision is made so that a This Client user see the most up to date PDF of the drawing, linking is the only way this will be achievable for us. For us, the Thin Client users do not need to see the CAD or the multitude of other project files in their searches.   Autodesk need to implement this ASAP in my opinion.

Thanks!

A_Sandbote
Contributor

Hello Autodesk wake up! This function is extremely important!

Thank you !

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

We really need this function. Hope this will be integrated soon.

Bram_Baars
Enthusiast

@YounesYammouri We're looking forward to further updates 🙂

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

@Bram_Baars please join the feedback community to learn more about how such request is getting implemented:

https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/article/default.html?cap=d572c6ec2a594657b7dddc479cf87f66&artt...

Best regards

Younes

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Hi Everyone, 

Please check the current Thin Client in Vault 2022 beta available within the feedback community and let us know whether the request above is addressed as well as any other feedback. Thanks.

Bram_Baars
Enthusiast
Sounds good! I'm lurking the feedback community, found my way there. I will have to try and spin up a VM (haven't done that before) and install ADMS e.a. to test it. I'll ask our IT department if they can support me in this...
TAR_Loki
Collaborator

We also need this function. Otherwise 59.000 project drawings won't be found over the Thin Client.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

@TAR_Loki Have you tried our vault 2022 Beta / Feedback portal where we have a new Thin Client? If not please give a try and let us know if that works for your request or not. Thanks.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in the New Thin Client available in Vault 2022 Release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report