Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for coworker to check in a file and a message when it has been.

Request for coworker to check in a file and a message when it has been.

I think it would be a good idea, to be able to ask for someone to check it in, because we all forget to do so sometimes.  After a file has been checked back in, you would get some sort of message telling you that is available for edit.  If there are a few people working on a common model but on different disciplines.  

3 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

That's what email is for, isn't it?  Or in my case, a shout over the wall.  Smiley Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, I managed 30 users at 4 different sites and an email with a screenshot of what they had checked out worked a treat.

I also had a saved search for checked out files. Checking this each morning would show who left files check out over night. This was a big no-no given that if you didn't come in the next day (sick or hit by a bus) and someone had to use that file, then you would lose your edits.

9/10 times the user had no idea they even had the file checked out.

I regularly reminded users that they should save a search and check it each day for checked out files.

Short of a notification system or integrated messenger system, I can't see a better system.

NOMORETHUMBDRIVES
Participant

Well, this became more relevant in the past few months.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report