Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement more modern Password policy abality

Since we need to give "Third Party Users" access on our "on premisis Vault" for collaborating in a project, we need to give them a Vault account.

There is now no way configuring a Password Policy, like a Windows Domain can.

Please implement this so maintaining a strong Password Policy in Vault is not a lot of manual work.

Below is an example:

The minimum password age is 1

The maximum password age is 90

The minimum password length is 8

No. of Passwords Remembered is 8

The password complexity property is Enabled

Use both upper- and lower-case characters

Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks

Use at least one of these special characters: ~!@#$%^&*_-+=`|\(){}[]:;"'<>,.?/

7 Comments
mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I wanted to submit this as a separate enhancement request from an earlier submission.   We see a need to enhance the way Vault manages local accounts.  It would be very useful to have Vault support a set of password complexity rules, so that users can't simply leave their password blank or simple.  It would be very useful to have vault track when the user changed their password, so that we can report on password age and potentially force users to change their password.  

Thank you,

Mark Cloyed

IMAGINiT Technologies

Tags (3)
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

jbelt
Participant

We would also like to be able to set an expiry date for passwords and force the users to change their password every 2 months for instance.

I know that Vault allows for Domain Accounts, but this is not desirable for all customers because Vault currently doesn't allow for a username "alias" or a username that doesn't include the domainname. 

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

Hello together,

I am currently converting my Vault 2020 to 2023 and am already looking forward to the new Windows Login feature.
Unfortunately, I still have company shares that are not members of our Active Directory.
I know from past experience that some users still don't bother to use a password, and even if they do, it's usually very simple.
One of our community members has already published a good idea, which I would like to extend with this post.
I would like to force the users who continue to run under the Vault account to assign themselves a password.
So I would be pleased if you would give us admins a possibility in the options to force the assignment of a password after the first login.

Best regards,
Sven

Attached is the link to the great idea with the password rules:

----

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin gerade dabei meinen Vault 2020 auf 2023 umzustellen und freue mich schon auf die neue Windows Login Funktion.
Leider habe ich noch Firmenfreigaben, die nicht zu unserem Active Directory gehören.
Aus Erfahrung weiß ich, dass sich einige Benutzer immer noch nicht die Mühe machen, ein Passwort zu verwenden, und selbst wenn sie es tun, ist es meist sehr einfach.
Eines unserer Community-Mitglieder hat bereits eine gute Idee veröffentlicht, die ich mit diesem Beitrag erweitern möchte.
Ich möchte die Benutzer, die weiterhin unter dem Vault-Konto laufen, dazu zwingen, sich ein Passwort zu vergeben.
Daher würde ich mich freuen, wenn Sie uns Admins in den Optionen eine Möglichkeit geben würden, die Vergabe eines Passwortes nach dem ersten Login zu erzwingen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sven

Anbei der Link zu der tollen Idee mit den Passwortregeln:

Modernere Passwortrichtlinien implementieren

Tags (4)
gilsdorf_e
Collaborator

This topic has just been brought up by an external auditor for TISAX and ISO 27001. 

Password policies for Vault-Accounts are a MUST HAVE!

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in Vault 2025.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report